Sunday 27 March 2011

With a little help from my friends.

Today my family and my best friend's (Vera) family decided to attend the Albanian Harvest Festival in Shepparton. I'm going to start by saying this, the drive pretty much sucked the life out of me before we even got there. For those who don't know, Shepparton is approximately 214 Km's away from Melbourne.

You know when you're in a car for so long your ass gets numb and you start to lose feeling in your knees? Yeah, that's pretty much what happened to Vera and I. We had to wake up and prepare ourselves so we could leave the house by 9.30am which was a hassle in itself and spend the next two and a half hours in the car with Jack all to do.

We got there and realised that there was nothing to do but watch farmers sell their stock and listen to a lame attempt at entertaining the crowd with shit music. We ran into our lovely friend Lirije and spent the day with her. Things got a whole lot funner from here.

From starting the Valle (traditional Albanian dance) to speeding down main roads in Harley Davidsons' we had an absolute ball. Having ridden a motor bike more than 10 years ago I was ecstatic to hop on once more. We rode in a team of 4 which consisted of Vera, Lirije, Bahrije (Lirijes sister) and myself, all glammed up and pretty close to passing out with every corner we turned.
It felt amazing and so carefree riding on a bike with the wind in your hair, warm sun on your skin, fresh crisp breeze of the country-side in your lungs and such a beautiful view.

 It felt like I was flying.

I got off the bike with knots in my helmet hair, a dry mouth and I had to check if I had peed my pants, it was that exhilarating! From that moment I knew it was my calling to be a temporary biker chick... doubt that I'd get far with that idea though, ah well!

But anyway I had an unexpectedly awesome time meeting new people and owning the dance floor with the girls once again. Although this was a great day, it had set a very high standard for Albanian festivals so if I don't see any flash motor bikes or wicked dance music, expect me to have a BF... Bitch Fit.

"Over 10,000 birds a year die from smashing into windows"


Keep on struttin', Adios amigos! 

1 comment: